Air Fryer Turkey Bacon, Breakfast Sandwich
My latest obsession is Turkey Bacon!
Let’s face it, turkey bacon has a bad wrap…
It’s considered the far inferior alternative to everyone’s favorite breakfast food.
After purchasing the Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 Air fryer, I feel completely different about turkey bacon.
The Air Fryer makes the crispiest bacon, without the need for all that oil!
To say I am obsessed with The Air Fryer would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!
I am a huge fan of the Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey movie, so naturally, every time I see that ‘breakfast sandwich’ scene, I NEED to have a breakfast sandwich!
I have to limit my egg consumption, so this usually falls into my ‘in moderation’ category. Damn you cholesterol!!! *shakes fist*
Applegate Uncured Turkey Bacon
Vital Farms Organic eggs
Dave’s Killer Bread 21 whole grains and seeds
Reduced fat cheese slice
Trader Joe’s Avocado oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees, and set the time to 10 mintues
- Line the basket with turkey bacon, and close the lid (avoid over crowding the basket)
- after 5 minutes, flip the bacon and close the lid
- cook a further 4-5 minutes, and check for doneness
- In a skillet lightly fry your egg using a spritz of avocado oil, flip the egg when the yolk is at your desired texture (I like my yolks super runny, so I usually flip mine once the whites are firm enough to flip)
- Continue to cook on the other side until the yolk is firm enough to the touch, but not overdone
- remove the egg, and place it on a slice of Dave’s killer bread, top with a slice of cheese and 1 or 2 slices of bacon, finish with another slice of bread
- return the sandwich to the skillet and toast for a few minutes, until lightly golden, flip and toast the other side
Enjoy living your best, badass Harley Quinn life!