I got an Air Fryer!!!
After much deliberation over where on earth I would store ANOTHER appliance, I bit the bullet and purchased The Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 Air Fryer.
You can pick one up here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S76WBGF/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07S76WBGF&linkCode=as2&tag=blondiewood-20&linkId=19470b62dcdcb31fb7f480a45976b621
I don’t usually cook a lot of fried food at home, let’s be honest, if I’m getting fried chicken I’m going to Honey’s Kettle and getting the real deal.
What peaked my curiosity when it comes to this much talked about appliance, was the versatility.
One week in and I’ve experimented with whole wheat pita chips, chili lime corn chips, and tofu “chicken” nuggets. Today I decided to take my air fryer for the ultimate test drive, and make fried chicken tenders.
Talk about the easiest 10 minutes of my life!
1lb Organic Chicken Breast Tenders
1/2 Cup of panko crumbs
1/2 Cup of plain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
Avocado Spray Oil (available at Trader Joe’s)
- Season the tenders with Salt and Pepper
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl
- Place the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix them together (feel free to season to your preference)
- Dip the tenders into the egg mixture until coated and allow the excess to run off into the bowl
- Dip the tenders into the bread mixture and set aside
- Preheat the Air fryer to 400 degrees
- Spray the bottom of the basket with Avocado oil and place the tenders in the basket (be careful not to overcrowd) you can do this in batches if need be.
- Coat the top of the tenders with another spritz of avocado oil and close the lid
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes and then flip over, cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, until golden and crispy