My absolute go-to, fill you up breakfast is Poached Eggs With Brown Rice!
This is so delicious, yet so simple! Trust Me!
First things first, if you don’t already own a Rice Cooker, purchase one immediately. My Rice Cooker rarely makes it’s way back into the cupboard. Did you know you can also use a rice cooker to steam veggies and boil eggs?
All you have to do is press a button and the Rice Cooker does everything for you! You can pick one up here
Next you’ll want to poach your eggs. I know they seem impossible, Right! So many recipes telling you to swirl the water, while you attempt to drop your egg into the whirlpool, without loosing perfect shape…
It all sounds too complicated! Don’t worry!
Here are a few tricks that have helped me master the beloved runny poached egg…
- Make sure the water isn’t too deep
- Get a good simmer on, you’ll want some bubbling water, but not boiling
- Before dropping your egg into the water, crack it into a ladle or a shallow cup with a handle, this will help the egg keep it’s shape
- Lower your ladle into the water, slowly tip the egg until it is submerged
- Set a timer for about 3 minutes, using your ladle, check the egg for doneness. If you like your yolk a little more firm, you may want to cook it a little longer
I like to add a little bit of olive oil and a touch of salt and pepper to my rice, to give it a little flavor. Serve with some baby spinach or even some roasted carrots. Get creative with it!